Here comes the other fastest things in this world, this time it's the fastest bicycle and cyclist in the world, speed can never be forgotten in any sport, the faster a player sprint the more famous he / she will be, as a runner especially, even as football player, fast runner will be used more than slower players. so remember we can never under estimate speed in any sport. It was this one person, Sam Whittingham who is a Canadian cyclist who has held several world records on recumbent bicycles.
It was Whittingham’s bike that is nothing like your bike.
Whittingham, who runs Naked Bicycle and Design, set the record on (in?) the Varna Diablo III, a sleek teardrop-shaped recumbent designed and built by bike designer Georgi Georgiev. It features carbon fiber wheels and a carbon frame wrapped with Kevlar bodywork.
As of 2009, he holds the following world records under the sanction of the International Human Powered Vehicle Association:
|Sam Whittingham with Georgi Georgiev's Varna Diablo|
- The 200 m flying start (single rider, World Human Powered Speed Challenge, Battle Mountain, NV): 133.284 km/h (82.819 mph) on 2009-09-18.
- First unpaced cyclist ever to break the deci-mach mark ( 1/10 the speed of sound, World Human Powered Speed Challenge, Battle Mountain, NV): 82.33 mph on 2008-09-18. To date, still the only person to have accomplished this milestone.
- The 1000 m flying start (single rider): 128.40 km/h (79.79 mph) on 2001-10-06.
- The 1 mile flying start (single rider): 126.55 km/h (78.64 mph) on 2001-10-06.
- The hour record: 90.724 km/h (56.373 mi) on 2009-07-17.
In 1993 he also held the record for the 200 m flying start (multiple rider).
Sam Whittingham is founder, designer and builder for Naked Bicycles, a custom bicycle and accessory fabrication company based on Quadra Island, British Columbia, Canada. The company was originally named Forte bicycles before a name change in April 2006.
Sam Whittingham is the grandson of screenwriter Jack Whittingham, who wrote the first James Bond screenplay.
Today we found out that even using only human power, things could go so fast beyond what we could have ever imagined, that's the top fastest bicycle and cyclist in the world for you to know ^_^